Record breaking snow with record breaking snow melts, gets you a whole lot of mud! This year, when you start to pull the weeds, turn the dirt, power wash the house, walkway, or patio, or even open up your pool, remember a few simple steps before your start Spring Flinging it:
- Good Mechanics today keeps Physical Therapy away.
- Bend at the hips and knees, not at your back; keep feet shoulder width apart
- Lead with your feet! Avoid twisting and bending at the same time, keep your body togeether as one unit, shoulders and hips rotate together.
- When lifting, squat down, hold the item close to your belly button, and then stand
- Position yourself close to the work whether standing or sitting; avoid straining forward at the neck or waist
- Waste containers with wheels that make it easier to move from place to place, saving your back.
- Rolling stools, long-handled tools and pads help to avoid pain from bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Pull weeds when the ground is wet, its a whole lot easier......, go get em now!!
- Mulch your leaves before you rake them -- it will reduce the number of times you need to bend and stoop, and it’s good for your winter lawn
Just a few weeks ago, peeking over the 6 foot banks of snow made spring seem so distant...but here we are....get out and go get em....
From the folks where "Bodies Under Repair" is all we do!
See more at www.ptwinstitute.com
Spring Flinging it!