Monday, June 26, 2017

My PTW Journey-Brandon Lewandowski, DPT


From Volunteer to Physical Therapist-
Brandon Lewandowski's PTW Journey


I knew very early on in my schooling that I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare. My mother was an Occupational Therapist and as I was gr
owing up, she would bring me into work to watch her change the lives of many patients. This experience allowed me to see how much change someone can make in the lives of those with disabilities and pain. In addition to seeing occupational therapists such as my mother help the lives of others, I also experienced first hand how much a physical therapist could effect the lives of others. Growing up I had many injuries playing sports and as a result I needed physical therapy. The combination of experiences both watching and receiving physical therapy care gave me the strong urge to help give others the same experience I had and help patients get back to doing the things they love.

My PTW journey started back when I was a student at Lansdale Catholic High School. I started volunteering at PTW Lansdale and later shadowed at PTW Quakertown location for two summers. My official employment at PTW started my freshman year of college. I was brought on board as a support staff member and worked consistently through my time at West Chester University and later Temple University. I was able to apply the lessons and methods I was learning in class directly to my work at PTW. I have recently graduated from Temple University with my Doctorate in Physical Therapy and returned to PTW in my new role as staff Physical Therapist.

I am very excited to begin my new role as Physical Therapist and help patients in the way my own Physical Therapists helped me many years ago. I am very grateful for the opportunities PTW has given me throughout the past eight years. I have experienced physical therapy and PTW in many different ways- patient, volunteer, support staff, and now Physical Therapist. I feel that the PTW community (employees and patients) has helped me grow both as a person and a professional and I am excited to help others get back to doing the things they love!



 PTW’s Brandon Lewandowski, DPT is one of PTW's newest PTs at our Lansdale clinic. For an initial evaluation call 215 855 9871 today!